List:       netatalk
Subject:    [Netatalk-admins] Netatalk 2.0 question
From:       "Ron E." <ree () thunderstar ! net>
Date:       2004-10-23 22:17:01

Dear All,

I recently set up a server running netatalk 2.0 rc2 as that was the
current version at the time of my install and everything has been great!

Just one oddity that recently cropped up - which was not happening when
the server was first set up - when the server's one share is mounted by a
Mac running OS X, a finder window is opened with the contents of the share
and there is no problem, however, there is no icon on the desktop. I've
tried this on several machines and while a shortcut can be made and put on
the desktop, it is clearly not normal behavior.

Anyone have any idea on why this is happening or how to correct it? I do
plan to upgrade to the 2.0 final release as soon as I have a maintenance
window...

Thanks,

Ron