List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: [Netatalk-admins] share list frozen - URGENT
From:       Luca Ferrari <fluca1978 () virgilio ! it>
Date:       2004-03-31 9:25:15

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 18:44 Luca Ferrari's cat walking on the keyboard
wrote:

> Hi,
> I've got a problem with my netatalk software that, until toady, has worked
> fine. This moring the my linux server (suse 8.2, kernel 2.4.18, atalk
> 1.6.1) was stopped twice due to a power problem, and at the reboot the
> problems come.
> I've got several shares, each one with their users, something like:
>
> /mnt/data/camera_oscura "Camera Oscura - Mammuth"
> codepage:maccode.iso8859-1 allow:@cam

Thank you all for your suggestions, here what I did and how it worked:
1) run cnid_main -V in the main directory of all my shares. After this the
server start working properly but I was still unable to see it in the
appleshare list (i.e., I can connect from a osx by ip number, but cannot see

it in the server list)
2) run db_recover in the same directory in the same directory, after this I
was able to see the folder list.
3) set up all permission for shares, since some permissions seemed to be
broken.

Now It appears to work well, thank you again.

Luca

--
Luca Ferrari,
fluca1978@virgilio.it