List:       netatalk
Subject:    [Netatalk-admins] ddp and 64-bit solaris
From:       Michael McCarthy <m.mccarthy () psy ! uq ! edu ! au>
Date:       2003-03-21 0:17:57

This may be a dumb question, but would CAP prevent the netatalk ddp from
attaching? I want to switch from CAP to netatalk on our Solaris 8 box
(64-bit kernel) and have built the 64-bit ddp kernel driver using gcc 3.2.2
(I think) as per netatalk configure ...

CC="gcc -m64" LD="ld -64" ./configure --with-shadow etc...

Everything builds ok but the ddp driver install fails to attach

cd sys/solaris
make -k Makefile.kernel kinstall

:
devfsadm: driver failed to attach: ddp
Warning: Driver (ddp) successfully added to system but failed to attach
:

It's difficult to stop the CAP services since this would disrupt cranky Mac
users but I need to know if netatalk is going to work in this environment.
I know there were problems with 64-bit sparc kernels and the difficulty of
compiling ddp to 64-bit code ...

-
Michael McCarthy
IT Manager