List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: [Netatalk-admins] directory too large?
From:       Bob Cent <cent () u ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2002-06-20 13:55:32

> Is the protocol in both cases identical? Or do you use AFP
> over AppleTalk in the 'different' subnet and AFP over TCP in
> the same subnet (or vice versa?)

For my tests I have been using AFP over TCP (selecting the
Server IP button in the Chooser) as my standard test.  I've been
using this for all connections although AFP over AppleTalk has
the same problem.

> How are those subnets connected?

I am told there are routers in the communications closets in the
hallway.

> [...] Are there any directory size limitations across subnets?

I wondered the same thing, but have not gotten a diffinitive
answer yet.  One of my tests today is to split up the directory
and see if things get bette.

Bob Cent
University of Washington
Box 357330