List:       netatalk
Subject:    [Netatalk-admins] connection failed!!! again...
From:       "Ian Campbell" <ICampbell () cymax ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-06-11 23:26:08

Hi,

Sorry if you guys have already got this message. I messed up my =
subscription and want to make sure that I didn't miss a response from =
when I originally posted.

I have just configured appletalk on a redhat 7.3 system with OS X =
clients. I just used the netatalk1.5.3.rpm from the 3rd redhat linux 7.3 =
CD.  The rpm installed ok and I added some basic shares to =
AppleVolumes.default. The appletalk server appears in the OS X appletalk =
chooser ok, but when you click on the server to connect the following =
error occurs; "Connnection Failed: The File server is running on your =
machine. Please access the volumes and files locally."  Can someone =
please help!!!!!

thanks,

Ian