List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: [Netatalk-admins] netatalk lpr & error 8871
From:       Christian Schmidt <ChriSchmiLi () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-05-29 15:31:15

On 29.05.2002 (d-m-y), Jinn Koriech wrote:

>  i also have hylafax on the box and have shared it via lpr.  for some
>  reason only one of the 3 macs is able to send print jobs through - at
>  this point you are problably asking why i've posted an lpr query to the
>  netatalk list - well, the lpr share is available to all non-macs without
>  a problem.
>
>  now, the one mac that is able to print to the lpr share (which is, in
>  effect, hylafax), occasionally is unable to send the printjob through
>  and reports the following error:
>
>  Document (doc-name) failed to print on printer "hylafax" because of
>  error -8871.

btw: How do you manage to transfer the receipent's fax number from
the MacOS Client to the HylaFAX server?

A while ago, I found a HylaFAX Client ("MacFlex")for Classic MacOS on
http://www.eats.com. I don't know if this site is still online, but
maybe you could give it a try.

Otherwise just contact me. Then I'll send you the software.

Yours,
Christian
--
Christian Schmidt