List:       netatalk
Subject:    CNID Hacking Party: Request for volunteers!
From:       Steve Freitas <sflist () ihonk ! com>
Date:       2001-11-29 18:20:46

Hi all,

In an effort parallel to our path to getting a stable release out, we're
trying to do some heavy testing on Joe Clarke's CNID patches. These patches
create a persistent DID database, something that is necessary if aliases are
going to work fully in Netatalk.

Testing involves setting up some Mac clients to whack the server with a lot
of file operations at once. Hopefully by the end of the day, nothing will
crash. :-)

We've tentatively set a date, Saturday, December 1st, at 11 am Pacific time,
to meet on IRC and test CNID, with Joe providing patches based on testers'
input.

So we need testers. You can be a tester if you:

1. Can compile and run Netatalk on any platform, particularly Linux.
2. Have three or more Macs at your disposal with a fast LAN connection to
the server.
3. Can D/L & run Helios Lantest (http://www.helios.de/products/LanTest.html)
on those Macs.

So please volunteer if you can. It'll be fun, and you'll help contribute a
great feature to Netatalk.

I'll email meeting and technical details on Friday to the lists.

Thanks,

Steve Freitas