List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: integration of .so module with other application
From:       Robert Story <rstory () freesnmp ! com>
Date:       2017-10-25 2:18:44

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 15:51:48 +0530 deepak.sachan wrote:
DSDS>      I have generate a loadable module for my device i.e.
DSDS> device.so. I have edited snmpd.conf  for loading module using
DSDS> dlmod. It working fine. snmpget and snmpset working fine.
DSDS> This device.so has been used for remote monitoring and
DSDS> controlling the device. I have another program
DSDS> local_device.c  for local monitoring of device through front
DSDS> panel. My problem is both the programs are running when
DSDS> device powered on. I want local monitoring disabled while
DSDS> remote monitoring is in operation. Any suggestions??? Can
DSDS> device.so  integrated with local_device.c??? So that it can
DSDS> generate one .exe. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. It would be easy to have
local_device exit when snmpd is running, but how would it know when
to start if snmpd was stopped?

In theory you could link local_device with your device.so library
and local_device could use the functions in the library directly.

Robert