List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    oldEngineID changes upon restart of snmpd
From:       Gerrit Avenant <g_avenant () outlook ! com>
Date:       2017-01-20 8:21:33

I am running net-snmp 5.7.3 on an embedded linux platform.

It seems to me my oldEngineID is changed upon each restart of the daemon.

I stop the daemon.

I create a user in the persistent snmpd.conf through createUser.

I restart the daemon and oldEngineID matches that of the usmUser created. I=
 can use the user to to read OIDs.

When I restart the daemon again, the oldEngineID changes, but the usmUser c=
reated is still the same. The created user is also not recognized anymore.

I don't change the EngineID anywhere in the non-persistent snmpd.conf at al=
l.

Any help appreciated.