List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: i have problem in processing snmp set request in agentx
From:       Robert Story <rstory () net-snmp-pro ! com>
Date:       2015-07-30 17:15:39

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 19:07:15 +0530 pradeep wrote:
PP> i see that the agentx keeps receiving get/set request's.
PP> but the agentx takes more time to send a TestPDU to my
PP> application. between this set request and TestPDU, agentx
PP> processing get requests. So the get request always has the
PP> highest priority ? or this is a problem scenario in my agentx
PP> not sending immediate TestPDU on receiving the Set request?

You should not see get requests once a set request starts
processing. The master agent should queue the set request, and it
will wait for any outstanding get requests to finish before
starting to process the set request. While a set request is being
processed, new requests are queued until set processing completed.

If you are seeing something else, please run your master agent with
"-D snmp_agent,agentx" and your subagent with "agentx" debugging,
make sure logTimestamps is set in snmp.conf, and send log files to
the list.

--
Robert Story
Sr Developer, Parsons