List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: Installing NetSNMP::agent on Cygwin
From:       "Roche, Christian (EXT-Other - MA/Rabat)" <christian.roche.ext () nsn ! com>
Date:       2011-02-26 3:03:13

Hi Dave,

thanks a lot for your answer.

> > > perl -M CPAN -e shell
>
> No - that probably won't work.
> You need to ensure that you're using the SNMP modules that
> match the version of the C library that you are using.
> We tend to recommend that you retrieve the relevant source
> tarball, and use the code from the 'perl' directory.

Ok I'll try that and keep the list updated.

> > doesn't anybody here have  an answer regarding my problem?
> > Isn't this the right place to ask this?
>
> Yes - this is the correct place to ask.
> But please remember that all of the core development team
> support this project on a voluntary basis in our free time.
> We have other commitments to our paid employment,
> which must take priority.   Please show a little patience
> when asking questions on the list.

Sure, sorry to sound pressing, it's only that I'm utterly confused about the \
situation and really wasn't even sure whether the question was relevant to this \
particular list at all. Basically it seems that several unrelated projects, both C \
and Perl, are called "net/snmp" in some form of another, and the idiosyncracies of \
CPAN (you must or may ask for "net-snmp" to get Net::SNMP) make it even more \
confusing.

Again thanks to all for the support and the good work!
Chris