List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: Disk OID renumbering
From:       Wes Hardaker <hardaker () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2011-02-24 15:35:11

VA> We are finding that rebooting or remounting disks on a Unix system renumbers
VA> the SNMP OIDs.

You don't specify which MIB you're talking about and there are multiple
MIBs that support disks.

But, generically, it doesn't surprise me.  It's not trivial to keep
indexes stable across reboots and it takes work, and I don't think this
work has been done for the host-resources-mib which I'm *guessing* that
you're talking about.
--
Wes Hardaker
Cobham Analytic Solutions