List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: Query: SNMP Prococol
From:       Queenie de Melo <queenie245 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-20 10:32:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Thanks Dave, for a wonderful explanation

Another question struck my mind...
We know that, the SNMP agent(Server) listens on port 161 for SNMP GET/SET
requests from the SNMP Manager (Client). The SNMP Agent then sends back a
response (GET-RESPONSE) to the SNMP Manager.  This will be received by the
SNMP Manager on which Port? is it on Port 161 only?
And during the GET-RESPONSE sent from SNMP Agent to SNMP Manager--- Who is
the Server and who is the Client??Does it get reversed or remains the
same(SNMP agent as Server and SNMP Manager as Client)