List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    AIX & Net SNMP install make error
From:       I Apong <iapong () sagaxis ! com>
Date:       2010-09-29 20:13:47

  Hi
I installed Net-snmp 5.5 on an AIX 5.3.12 - 64 bit server and all is well.
I am now trying to install it on a production server: AIX 5.3.04 - 32bit
I am using the same tar balls from before:
net-snmp-5.5.tar
openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar

/configure --without-kmem-usage --with-mib-modules=host
and
/configure --enable-as-needed  --with-mib-modules=host

The same problem occurs when I try to do the 'make':

ld: 0711-593 SEVERE ERROR: Symbol C_BSTAT (entry 2538) in object
.libs/mib.o:
         The symbol refers to a csect with symbol number 0, which was not
         found. The new symbol cannot be associated with a csect and
         is being ignored.
ld: 0711-593 SEVERE ERROR: Symbol C_BSTAT (entry 2583) in object
.libs/mib.o:
         The symbol refers to a csect with symbol number 0, which was not
         found. The new symbol cannot be associated with a csect and
         is being ignored.

I found  mib.o :
# find / -name mib.o
/opt/Net-snmp/net-snmp-5.5/snmplib/.libs/mib.o
#

Any help in how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ian