List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: How to get the sender address out of a pdu
From:       Wes Hardaker <hardaker () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2010-06-29 16:29:26

BZ> I'am currently implementing an agent with special
BZ> proxy-behaviour. It does some kind of proxying the same request
BZ> (from the outside) to multiple internal agents (for failover
BZ> reasons). To be able to use the same agent code for all agents, I
BZ> need to be sure not to forward a request to an agent where it
BZ> originally came from. Thats why I'd like to compare 'sender'
BZ> addresses.

Actually, no I'm not sure that's a good enough reason.  in particular
I'd probably come up with a different solution instead (likely involving
using access control to prevent access).

But, if you want to go the address route then some example code to look
at is near line 2860 of agent/mibgroup/disman/mteTriggerTable.c
--
Wes Hardaker
Cobham Analytic Solutions