List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    RE: v3 informs - snmpd.conf
From:       "Joan Landry" <Joan.Landry () overturenetworks ! com>
Date:       2010-05-26 17:21:53

I am only using net-snmp to send traps and informs, the receiver of the traps is a \
non net-snmp entity - so all of my questions are transmit only related questions. \
With that I have the following issues I have not been able to resolve or figure out.

1. I am able to send and inform (and see it on the receiving station) but in order to \
get this to work I have to specify the engineID of the receiving entity in the \
trapsess cmd in snmpd.conf such as:

trapsess -Ci -e remoteengineId -l authPriv -u v3user2 -a MD5 -A abcdefgh -x DES -X \
abcdefgh 10.11.12.1

So I am not able to get net-snmp to automatically determine the engineId of the \
remote station as indicated should work per your reply below. So is it possible I am \
missing something else?

2. I have not found any documentation and I have not been able to figure out how to \
specify the notification filtering per the snmpNotifyFilterProfileTable and the \
snmpNotifyFilterTable. The configuration of these tables is not done not via an snmp \
set - so I need to be able to specify the filtering information in the snmpd.conf \
file. Any information on where I can find this type of information would be greatly \
appreciated. Thanks,
JL