List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    gcc-3.x fails on #include <sys/task.h> on Solaris 8, 9, 10,
From:       "Stephen Ayotte" <stephen.ayotte () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-19 14:28:48

Just a note for anyone having trouble building on these platforms, a
brief test program shows failure on this include file (which is
included for ucd-snmp, among others I'm sure). Here's my test program:
#include <sys/task.h>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
        return 0;
}

Output from gcc-3.3.2:
sayotte@host> gcc3 test.c
In file included from test.c:1:
/usr/include/sys/task.h:59: error: parse error before "settaskid"
/usr/include/sys/task.h:59: error: parse error before "uint_t"
/usr/include/sys/task.h:60: error: parse error before "gettaskid"
sayotte@host>

Output from gcc-2.95.3:
sayotte@host> gcc test.c
sayotte@host>
(it succeeded)

I succeeded building all of net-snmp-5.4 using gcc-2.95.3 without
further problems.