List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: Net-SNMP for VMS platforms
From:       Dave Shield <D.T.Shield () csc ! liv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2006-02-28 9:21:40

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 15:34 +0000, Singh, Sandeep, VF UK - Technology
(TS) wrote:
> Could you please tell me whether the net-snmp is compatible to work
>  with the VMS platform also.

I'm not aware of anyone porting this software to VMS, but there's
no reason in principle why it shouldn't work.   As usual with any
port to a new architecture, the main problems are likely to occur
with the various MIB modules in the agent itself.

   The basic SNMP library and client applications (and the bare
framework of the agent) should compile OK - though perhaps with
some minor tweaks to the code.   If you fancy giving this a go,
I'd suggest you start by running

	configure --enable-mini-agent

and work from there.

And please do feed back any code changes that you might need to
make, so we can update the main code base accordingly.

Dave