List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: ucd-snmp quick question
From:       <yacbs () hushmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-23 11:56:19

After extracting the net-snmp components out of my app and testing
memory growth it appears to be stable. I must have jumped to the
wrong conclusion :-(

This is the case for both ucd-snmp and net-snmp.

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:00:56 +0000 Dave Shield
<D.T.Shield@csc.liv.ac.uk> wrote:
>[ First - *please* don't mail me privately, without copying
>     any responses to the mailing list.  I don't have the time
>     or inclination to offer private, unpaid, SNMP consultancy.
>     Keep discussions to the list, where others can both learn
>     and offer advice.  Thanks.   ]
>
>On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 17:43 +0000, yacbs@hushmail.com wrote:
>> I can try to move to Net-SNMP I guess, but that would mean
>> that I have to re-write all my existing code.
>
>No.
>We've got more MIB modules than you have, and we didn't
>want to have to rewrite them either :-)
>

>>  Is there any backward compatability?
>
>Yes.
>
>>  Would the code in my example still work?
>
>Yes.
>
>Dave

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485