List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: Net-snmp-users digest, Vol 1 #3199 - 6 msgs
From:       Dave Shield <D.T.Shield () csc ! liv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2005-11-30 12:51:34

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 10:30 +0800, Jimmy wrote:
> i work on linux , but when i type snmpwalk -v 1 -c public
> 192.168.0.49(my ipAdress) system
> it send me back Time out : No response from 192.168.0.49 . but for why ??
> then i try my workmates' computer can catch his information ...

The two most likely causes are:

  a) access control
        (the agent is not configured to accept requests for "public")

  b) there's a firewall blocking SNMP traffic, and
        the agent is simply not seeing the requests at all.

Try running the agent as

	snmpd -f -Le -d

and run the query again.
If you see incoming packet dumps (but no outgoing ones),
then it's probably access control.
If you don't see incoming packet dumps either,
then it's probably the firewall settings.

See the FAQ for more details.

Dave