List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: SNMP Subagent problem
From:       Dave Shield <D.T.Shield () csc ! liv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-06-27 15:33:33

> > OK - so what happens if you try using the IP address of
> > mercury instead?
>
> I get the same error when I use IP address of mercury.
>
> ./myagent -X -x tcp:160.1.20.205:705
> Error : Failed to connect to the agentx master agent : Unknown host ( No
> such file or directory )

Ummm.... a thought has just occurred to me.
What are you using as the basis for your subagent code?
The "main" SNMP agent (i.e. net-snmp/agent/snmpd), or the
subagent framework from the tutorial pages?

I've been assuming that you've been using the main agent code,
which handles all of these command-line options (-x -X -D etc).
If you're using the tutorial framework, then that doesn't do
any command-line processing (AFAIR), so you'd need to set the
equivalent configuration via code.

Dave