List:       net-snmp-support
Subject:    [ net-snmp-Support Requests-455351 ] snmp_agent_api problem with snmpd.conf
From:       noreply () sourceforge ! net
Date:       2001-08-26 1:20:25

Support Requests item #455351, was opened at 2001-08-25 12:13
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=212694&aid=455351&group_id=12694

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello all,

I'm implementing an SNMP agent / subagent system into
a larger architecture for a project I'm working on.
Both the agent and subagent are to be built on top of
an existing server framework for the project, so I am
not using snmpd.c at all.

I followed the example for implementing an agent
(http://net-
snmp.sourceforge.net/man/snmp_agent_api.html), but
embedded that code into our framework. I did get a
functional daemon that would respond to snmpget and
snmpwalk and was very happy with that.

However, when I tried to set up an snmpd.conf file
with com2sec, group, view, etc. directives, all I got
were a bunch of warnings, vis:

<path to snmpd.conf>: <line no>: Warning: Unknown
token: com2sec

... etc - it did this for:

com2sec
group
view
access
dlmod
syslocation

I *tried* tracing into the code and using gdb side by
side with snmpd (which did read the .onf fine), and
was able to determine that register_config_handler()
is not called for any of these directives. Further
investigation showed me that vacm_vars.c is not linked
in to my binary at all, which is where all that setup
is done.

I am using the same ./configure options with snmpd and
my server, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
However, I *am* an SNMP neophyte.

Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated!