List:       net-snmp-support
Subject:    [ net-snmp-Support Requests-433517 ] configure error compiling ucd-snmp
From:       noreply () sourceforge ! net
Date:       2001-06-19 9:13:39

Support Requests item #433517, was updated on 2001-06-15 11:48
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=212694&aid=433517&group_id=12694

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have been unsuccessful compiling ucd-snmp 4.1.2 on
Solaris 8 with gcc version 2.95.3.

I am running the basic configure command with no
additional options, but configure continues to fail.
Actually, I get a core file.

The message on the screen is as follows:

"checking whether byte ordering is bigendian...
configure: error: can not run test program while cross
compiling"

I also tried ucd-snmp 4.2.1, which is supposed to
handle cross compiling issues, but this also produces a
core file.  The last message on the screen for this one
is:

"./configure: test:  argument expected"

Any assistance or direction would be extremely
appreciated.

Thank you,
 --Diane Proscino-Tharp

Email:  dproscin@oracle.com