List:       net-snmp-support
Subject:    [ net-snmp-Support Requests-424308 ] hda Errrors when performing system walks
From:       noreply () sourceforge ! net
Date:       2001-05-15 18:43:36

Support Requests item #424308, was updated on 2001-05-15 11:43
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=212694&aid=424308&group_id=12694

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Using Redhat Linux 7.0, kernel 2.2.16-22, snmpd
generated hda errors when a walk is attempted on the
system node. When a walk is attempted, either locally
or remotely, the following text is pipe to stdout:

----------

hda: ATAPI 24X CR-ROM drive, 128 kb Cach
hda: packet command error: status=0x51 (DriverReady
SeekCompleteError)
hda: packet command error: error=0x54
ATAP device hda:
	Error: Illegal request -- (Sense key=0x05)
	Invalid field in command packet --
(asc=0x24,asc=0x00)
	The failed "Start/Stop Unit" packet command
was:
	"1b 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00"
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), secotr 0

----------

The snmpwalk command returns "End of MIB" without any
other information.

Now I know it's loading the snmpd.conf file, because
it recognizes my community strings. I don't know
whether or not it's processing the MIBs that shipped
with the package, in the default /usr/share/snmp/mibs
directory - do I have to compile those or something?

If I do a get instead of a walk, usually no error gets
piped to stdout, but I get a "No Such Object", which
makes me thing it's not processing the MIBs. Anyhow,
right now, snmp just doesn't work... need some help!!

Thanks,
Andrew Ryan
andrew.ryan@isovia.com