List:       net-snmp-support
Subject:    [ net-snmp-Support Requests-420691 ] getting values in mib tree
From:       noreply () sourceforge ! net
Date:       2001-05-14 6:58:52

Support Requests item #420691, was updated on 2001-05-02 02:44
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=212694&aid=420691&group_id=12694

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am using ucd-snmp 4.2.1 for mandrake distribution.
I have a problem to get values in mib tree with a C
program
I installed private mib i needed for my program and
then i'm trying to get a value (out packet) in that
private mib tree using  :

read_objid(".1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.4.1.1.1.2.1",anOID,&anOID_len);
then i test to know what is the type of the getting
information and i found it's a counter but i don't know
where that information is hold and after reading
snmp-api.h i still don't know. i try that
if (vars->type == ASN_COUNTER)
fprintf(pointeurfw,"value is a
counter:%s\n",vars->val.integer);
but it didn't work, it always display the identical
result wich is different from the same value getting
with snmpwalk.
Could you tell me how getting the counter or where is
hold the result in the structure ?