List:       net-snmp-support
Subject:    [ net-snmp-Support Requests-410941 ] adding a new mib to agent
From:       noreply () sourceforge ! net
Date:       2001-03-30 3:04:22

Support Requests item #410941, was updated on 2001-03-23 14:48
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=212694&aid=410941&group_id=12694

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am using the net-snmp 4.2 package on a Linux system.
Here are my steps for adding a new mib to agent.
1. define a new mib newMib.txt.
2. use mib2c generates two files(newMib.c & newMib.h)
3. cp both files to mibgroup directory.
4. configure --with-mib-modules=newMib
5. make /* it does not compile the C files for the
newMib and all the default mibs. */

It compiles ok if I don't add the new mib.
(configure, make, it compiles all C files for the
default mibs.)

Did I miss any steps?

Thanks!

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)