List:       net-snmp-support
Subject:    [ net-snmp-Support Requests-405143 ] Compilation Problems under HP-UX 11
From:       noreply () sourceforge ! net
Date:       2001-03-28 14:33:55

Support Requests item #405143, was updated on 2001-03-01 07:29
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=212694&aid=405143&group_id=12694

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi, I'm having problems compiling under hp-ux version
11, I'm no great C expert so I'm not sure where to go
next but I think I've narrowed done the cause anyway.

The compilation process returns the following output

        cd mibgroup; make; cd ..
        /bin/sh ../../libtool  --mode=compile gcc -g -
O2 -Dhpux11 -I. -I../.. -I. -I./../..  -
I./../../snmplib -I./.. -I..   -c -o mibII/at.lo
mibII/at.c
rm -f mibII/.libs/at.lo
gcc -g -O2 -Dhpux11 -I. -I../.. -I. -I./../.. -
I./../../snmplib -I./.. -I.. -c mibII/at.c  -fPIC -
DPIC -o mibII/.libs/at.lo
In file included from mibII/at.c:8:
/pkg/gcc/gcc__v2.95.2.dist/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0w-hp-
hpux11.00/2.95.2/include/string.h:29: warning:
conflicting types for built-in function `memcmp'
/pkg/gcc/gcc__v2.95.2.dist/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0w-hp-
hpux11.00/2.95.2/include/string.h:85: warning:
conflicting types for built-in function `memcpy'
/pkg/gcc/gcc__v2.95.2.dist/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0w-hp-
hpux11.00/2.95.2/include/string.h:87: warning:
conflicting types for built-in function `memset'
mibII/at.c: In function `ARP_Scan_Init':
mibII/at.c:434: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
mibII/at.c:442: sizeof applied to an incomplete type

Which as near as I can figure out means that the
problem exists in mibII/at.c I've looked at the lines
in question and both of them reference the same type
of structure but unfortunately I've no idea how to fix
the problem myself, nor do I know if I should be
concerned about the 3 warnings regarding the memset
function.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where I should
look next?

Thanks,

Charles (Charles_Gillanders@pmc-sierra.com)

Comment By: Dave Shield (dts12)