List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Feature request for AES-256 & SHA-2 (with payment)
From:       Peter <enigma.algo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-05-18 13:58:30

To the net-snmp-coders group

My name is Peter and I work in the R&D of a small company developing
specialized network devices. We also manufacture IP-VPN network units
and are using net-snmp in our Linux based units. In one of our
customer projects we have the requirement for AES-256 and SHA-2. I'm
fully aware that it is neither standardized nor supported by net-snmp.
I also know the statement in the wiki section of the site:
http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/Strong_Authentication_or_Encryption

However, the requirement is there and before we replace net-snmp by
another agent (e.g. NuDesign) here is my question: Is anyone willing
to implement AES-256 and SHA-2 for us ?

The details and specification would need to be agreed and the work is
being paid. The code and all work will be available to the community
and our hope is it will be part of future net-snmp releases.

Greetings, Peter