List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Re: agent/object_monitor.c
From:       Robert Story <rstory () freesnmp ! com>
Date:       2011-05-12 13:40:09

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:31:23 -0700 Wes wrote:
WH> MF> What is the purpose of agent/object_monitor.c?
WH>
WH> My recollection was that it was the start of a process for monitoring
WH> variables...  Maybe it never got used or finished.

Looking at the code, it looks like it was created as a way for tables with
some dependency on one another to register for notification of 'events'. e.g.
a table that needs to take some action when a row in some other table is
deleted.  Since it's not used anywhere, I probably found another solution to
the issue I was facing at the time. The comment indicate it's 'under
development', so it might not work or even be finished. And at this point,
it's likely to remain that way.

So I'd so go ahead and remove it.