List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Re: Translating an OID inside a subagent
From:       Wes Hardaker <hardaker () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2009-04-23 14:48:36

HU> I want to write a net-snmp subagent that needs to use the symbolic
HU> representation of snmp objects for which it has their OIDs.  I have
HU> looked through the" mib.c" file but it pretty confused me. Also the
HU> source of "snmptranslate" made things no clearer. I wonder if I maybe
HU> can query the master agent for that information or if i have to
HU> implement such functionality myself?  Any advice on how to do this is
HU> highly welcome!

The parsed mib structure isn't really really well documented.  Or even
nicely documented at all.  It's basically a big tree of linked structures.

Another source of code you could look at, though I don't think it's any
easier to read and is likely significantly harder but is at least
another source, exists in perl/SNMP/SNMP.xs
--
Wes Hardaker
Please mail all replies to net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net