List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Re: about multiple indexes in a CLI command
From:       "Dave Shield" <D.T.Shield () liverpool ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2008-06-27 14:47:31

   :
> My main question is how to represent string and integer index values in OID?

If you're not sure how indexes will be represented, then try
running "snmpwalk" (or "snmpwalk -On") on one of the column
objects.  That will show you all of the entries in the table,
and hence how the indexes are represented.

You should then be able to use "snmpget" on any of these OID
to retrieve the corresponding value (and similarly for any
of the other columns in that row).

Dave