List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Re: VRRP support in net-snmp?
From:       "Dave Shield" <D.T.Shield () liverpool ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2008-06-23 8:32:18

2008/6/23 Huafeng Lu <Huafeng.Lv@sun.com>:
> Can someone confirm that net-snmp currently doesn't have VRRP support?

Confirmed.

> And how should we get started to add this?

Look at the VRRP-MIB.
Decide how you are going to retrieve the information listed there.
(What APIs to use, etc).

Have a look at the FAQ entries
       http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ:Coding_07
&     http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ:Coding_08

and decide which framework is best for you.

Then run
      mib2c -c mib2c.{framework}.conf  vrrpOperTable

(and similarly for vrrpAssoIpAddrTable)
Depending on the framework you decide upon, it might
be worth running

      mib2c -Scache=1 -c ......

to generate code for caching the table contents between
queries.

Dave