List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Re: compile net-snmp for ARM 9
From:       "Zhang Chuan" <chuanzhang () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-25 8:48:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi, Thanks for the help!

With Thomas' help, I have finished cross compile on ARM9 successfully. And I
can run "snmpd -d -Le -f" to start the main agent of Net-SNMP. Thank you
very much!

But the next problem occurred. I wrote some codes for a test mib file:
ComputerMIB. And I have compile those file into a ".so" file in order to use
it as a dynamic link library. This ".so" file worked well in X86. But after
I recompiled it with ARM9 and run it with "snmpd -d -Le -f"(I have already
insert a line for the file in snmd.conf), the follow error occurred:

-bash-3.00# snmpd -f -Le -d
dlopen failed: /snmpLib/scalarVariable.so: undefined symbol:
snmp_get_do_debugging
NET-SNMP version 5.2.2

The scalarVariable.so is my ".so" file for the ComputerMIB. It seemed snmpd
can not find some standard library. Maybe I should set the
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH"? But I have tried and failed. Am I right? And how to solve
it?

Many thanks!

Sincerely
Peter