List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Re: snprint_value
From:       Wes Hardaker <hardaker () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-11-30 18:19:23

>>>>> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:30:46 -0500, "Haizhu Liu" <haizhuliu@hotmail.com> said:

Haizhu> 1. I queried the agent a whole big table, when I got the
Haizhu> information, I am parsing it using snprint_value, it seems CPU
Haizhu> usage jumps up whenever snprint_value is called? Any
Haizhu> suggestion?

I'm not sure about that one without figuring out *why* it's taking so
much time.

Haizhu> 2. I saw a post before saying whenever the request comes back
Haizhu> successfully, the pdu is freed up by the library, and
Haizhu> application needs to free up the response. I am doing querying
Haizhu> for table after table, if I free up the response to the first
Haizhu> response, I seems to get core-dump afterwards. Any suggestion?

If you're re-using the response PDU to create a new PDU then that will
be problematic and you shouldn't free it.  If you've put in static
data into the initial PDU that wasn't allocated in the first place,
you'll run into similar problems since snmp_free_pdu will try to free it...

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.