List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Re: On the opening of sockets
From:       Robert Story <rstory () freesnmp ! com>
Date:       2005-08-30 16:19:44

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:41:36 +0200 Magnus wrote:
MF> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 09:27:19AM +0100, Dave Shield wrote:
MF> The solution in snmptrapd.c at about line 1133 looks as if it would break
MF> if an IPv6 numeric address, or just a netsnmp address with transport
MF> specifier, is used.

probably. A centralized transport processing function is probably warranted.

MF> On a completley unrelated tangent, how do I make a transport bind to a
MF> random free port?

You'd have to check the code, but I'd think setting the port to 0 would do it.

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
      unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>
Archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=net-snmp-coders>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.