List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Re: SNMP v3 to SNMP V2 conversion
From:       Robert Story <rstory () freesnmp ! com>
Date:       2005-08-30 15:53:23

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:09:56 +0530 Suresh (Suresh) wrote:
PS>      What I want to do is the following:
PS> 1. host1 gets a SNMP v3 request. It converts the request to SNMP v2 and
PS> forwards it to host2 who understands only SNMP v2.
PS> 2. host2 sends back the response to host1 using SNMP v2.

You want the proxy directive. See the snmpd.conf man page for details.

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
      unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>
Archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=net-snmp-coders>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.