List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Problem - Error opening specified endpoint
From:       "Koren Ofer-BOK016" <Ofer.Koren () motorola ! com>
Date:       2005-06-30 13:15:50

Hi,
I'm having the next error while running my compiled agent :
Error opening specified endpoint "[path]\snmpd.exe"
I'm using the default port on local host (run the snmpd without any
argv) and have no problem to run the snmpd.exe agent from the /bin
directory, So its not a "busy port" issue.

I have noticed the following:
In the SnmpDaemonMain function, if  (c =
netsnmp_ds_get_string(NETSNMP_DS_APPLICATION_ID,NETSNMP_DS_AGENT_PORTS))
return 0,
We are calling to  :
netsnmp_ds_set_string(NETSNMP_DS_APPLICATION_ID, NETSNMP_DS_AGENT_PORTS,
argv[i]),
Which is the snmpd path and exit the loop (I have no argv).

In netsnmp_tdomain_transport the addr is the snmpd.exe full path (the
init_master_agent send it to here as cptr).
In netsnmp_sockaddr_in the  Peername = The first letter of the full
path.
Gethostbyname return 0, So transport in init_master_agent equal to "0"
as well.

Is this behavior of putting the path as (NETSNMP_DS_APPLICATION_ID,
NETSNMP_DS_AGENT_PORTS) in normal ?
Did I missed some initialization ?

Any hint will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance