List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Re: Undo vacm_parse_simple in SNMPv2c
From:       Dave Shield <D.T.Shield () csc ! liv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2005-06-28 12:44:15

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 12:58, Koren Ofer-BOK016 wrote:

> When I'm adding new community string by calling vacm_parse_simple from
> within the agent ,the vacm_parse_simple function do the following (and
> please let me know if I'm wrong):
> - Create group with the "comm" prefix.
> - Create view   with the "viewComm" prefix.
> - Create access.
>
> Is there a single API to undo those changes ?

No.

The vacm_parse_xxx routines are primarily intended for parsing
the snmpd.conf file.  These settings would typically be expected
to stay active until the agent was shut down, or the config file
changed (and re-parsed).

So there's never really been a need for a simple API to remove
such entries individually.

> If not , What is the better way to do this, How can I delete
> group/view/access

    vacm_destroyViewEntry()
    vacm_destroyGroupEntry()
    vacm_destroyAccessEntry()