List:       nessus-plugins-writers
Subject:    Re: Gnutella detection
From:       "Michel Arboi" <arboi () noos ! fr>
Date:       2002-05-01 9:20:52

"John Lampe" <j_lampe@bellsouth.net> writes:

> So, it seems that sending "GNUTELLA CONNECT/0.4\n\n" to port 6346
> should elicit a "GNUTELLA OK" response.

yes, that's what the documentation on the Gnutella protocol says. But
I was lazy :)

For some unknown reason, gtk-gnutella or Morpheus sometimes drop the
connection without sending the "GNUTELLA OK" although they answered to
a GET HTTP request.

So I now use both methods: Gnutella connection + banner.
Here it is:

["gnutella_detect.nasl" (gnutella_detect.nasl)]