List:       nessus-announce
Subject:    Nessus 1.0.7 is out (at last!)
From:       Renaud Deraison <deraison () cvs ! nessus ! org>
Date:       2001-01-22 10:45:32

I'm pleased to announce the release of Nessus 1.0.7, hopefully the last
1.0.x version of Nessus.

What's new in 1.0.7 ?

	- http virtual hosts can now be tested
	- more accurate CGI checks, with http/1.0 or 1.1 support
	  and better multiple CGI directories support
	- fixed issues in the cipher layer
	- it's now easier to add nessusd users when the users and
	  the daemon are sitting on the same host
	- XML output improved
	- Over 580 security checks
	- Slightly modified plugin API regading HTTP tests

Experimental features improvements :
(please note the adjective 'experimental' which you should read
as 'probably buggy')

	- detached scans can now be managed from the client
	- improvements in detached and continuous scans
	- possible bugs fixed in the KB saving module

You can grab this version at http://www.nessus.org/posix.html. RPMS
are on their way and are already available at
ftp://cvs.nessus.org/pub/nessus/nessus-1.0.7/RPMS

Note that this release should be the last 1.0.x release. We are now
focusing at 100% on the developement of Nessus 1.2. As a result, the
CVS repository is not considered as 'stable' any more. If you are a CVS
user who wants the most stable version of Nessus, use the
NESSUS_1_0 branch of the CVS tree, which will contain all post-1.0.7
patches (if any). The documentation on www.nessus.org has been modified
to give instructions regarding this issue. The CVS tree won't become
"UNSTABLE" before a few days anyway, just to let CVS users update
their setup.

People interested in the developement of Nessus 1.2 should consider
subscribing to nessus-devel (see http://list.nessus.org). This list
has been extremely underused these last months, but we should start
to use it more extensively now.

				-- Renaud

--
Renaud Deraison
The Nessus Project

 it is a 'one-way' announcement list for Nessus.

 If you would not like to receive nessus announcements send a message:

 To: majordomo@list.nessus.org
 Subject: <don't care>

 unsubscribe nessus-announce <optional email address>
 end

 For more info about Nessus see http://www.nessus.org.