List:       nessus
Subject:    Re: Suggestion
From:       Pavel Kankovsky <peak () argo ! troja ! mff ! cuni ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-23 2:32:38

On Sun, 20 May 2001, Rosenau wrote:

> I have noticed that plugins that need to include a variable content in the
> vulnerability description usually have a double description: the first one
> in the 'header', and the second in the code.
>
> My suggestion is to add some kind of TAG in the header description that
> would be replaced by variable content in run time.

You can already do it...albeit in somewhat nonconformist way. E.g:

desc_head = "
.... some text ...";
desc_tail = "
.... other text ...";

if (description) {
  desc["english"] = desc_head + desc_tail;
}

var = desc_head + r + desc_tail;
security_hole(port:port, data:var);

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."