List:       nessus
Subject:    Re: scanning through firewall
From:       pipe () hongkong ! com
Date:       2000-10-20 2:22:54

I've tried the similar action to scan DMZ outside a firewall. At first, I also \
thought the portscan was not even started. However, when I checked the firewall log, \
I did find the machine was really working but in a bit slow manner. I think it's cos \
of some timeout process.

Have u checked the log of the firewall or run tcpdump on the linux host?

The machine I've used is a PIII 450, Red Hat 6.1 running Nessus 1.0.4 and the time \
used is probably 3 hours to finish a job with all test selected.

Regards,
PIPE