List:       nessus
Subject:    Nessus 3.06 versus WSUS conflict
From:       "ablesambaker" <ablesambaker () comcast ! net>
Date:       2007-07-27 14:07:52

Team,

I just ran a scan with Nessus 3.06 Suse Linux, Nessus 1.02 Client with
plugins dated 07/24/07 and executed with SMB rights.

The output regarding Windows Patches (MS05-MS07) contradicts the clients
WSUS output reports. In other words, Nessus is reporting the patches missing
but WSUS is indicating just the opposite.

Anybody come across this before? Is it a problem with the clients output,
the server and workstation registry settings or is it Nessus?

I am awaiting a response from the client where I asked that he take about 10
machines and examine the registry entries directly.

I am stumped and the client is looking for answers. Any help would be
appreciated

ASB