List:       nessus
Subject:    Re: Problem carrying out scan
From:       "George A. Theall" <theall () tenablesecurity ! com>
Date:       2007-07-25 0:27:45

On 07/23/07 08:53, Michael Gaffney wrote:

> I have just recently tried to scan a cisco pix515 firewall, however
> nessus doe s not create any sort of report, only the top banner has been
> created.
>
> The firewall logs indicate an highlight a scan originating from the IP
> address that has been assigned to the scanner. This is only affecting
> pix515 systems, all other respond normally

What do you see in your nessusd.messages logfile when you try to scan
this host? Something to the effect that the remote host is dead? If
that's the case, you could try either disabling all the plugin
preferences associated with "Ping the  remote host" plugin or finding an
open port on the device and make sure it's included in the preference
"TCP ping destination port(s)".

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com