List:       nessus
Subject:    Re: Nessus reporting
From:       Ron Gula <rgula () tenablesecurity ! com>
Date:       2007-05-29 20:03:04

Craig Rosenberg wrote:
> Hi
> I saw some threads on this topic back in 2002, but wanted to know if anyone has any \
> current thoughts. I've used Nessus but one of the "needs" is to have better \
> reporting. Anyone have an opinion on this, or if there is any opensource available \
> to take Nessus reports and improve their readability, and make the output more \
> understandable for management etc?
> Thanks
> Craig

Hi Craig,

Tenable offers commercial solutions that greatly enhances what
management, as well as all users throughout your organization, can get
out of Nessus.

Nessus users can subscribe to the Direct Feed and perform compliance
audits against standards from the NSA, NIST and Center for Internet
Security and many other places. Direct Feed users can also use Nessus to
scan systems for files containing credit cards, social security numbers,
adult content and other types of sensitive data. The Direct Feed also
includes support and the ability to scan for the very latest checks
which is also of interest to most corporate managers. The direct feed
costs $1200/year which is slightly more than what most people pay for
cable.

http://www.tenablesecurity.com/products/direct.shtml

Tenable also offers the Security Center which is a web based application
that manages multiple Nessus scanners, multiple events fro various NIDS
and enables reporting based on many different types of business,
technology or functional assets. This includes a Windows based 3D
reporting and visualization tool, scheduled PDF report generation, the
ability to download any report as a spread sheet and an interactive web
based interface that allows any user in the organization to navigate
just their compliance, vulnerability and IDS events. The Security Center
is priced by unique active scanned IP address. For 500 servers, it costs
$15,750. The Direct Feed subscription is included with each Security
Center license as well.

http://www.tenablesecurity.com/products/sc.shtml

Video demos of many of these products are available online at:

http://www.tenablesecurity.com/demos/videos.shtml

Ron Gula, CTO
Tenable Network Security