List:       nessus
Subject:    Future of Vulnerability Management Webinar Invitation
From:       Ron Gula <rgula () tenablesecurity ! com>
Date:       2006-09-28 11:58:54

Hi there,

I'd like to invite Nessus users to one of three webinars
during October. October's series focuses on the "future"
of vulnerability management. During the past three years
we've seen a dramatic shift in how people use vulnerability
scanners and how this information impacts network management
and compliance. This presentation summarizes where I see
the technology going, both in finding vulnerabilities, as
well using it for monitoring IT operations and "compliance".

This is not a very technical talk, but does cover concepts
such as the difference between scanning, scanning with
credentials and scanning with exploits. We then cover management
techniques such as automated patching, virtual patching, NAC
and much more. The talk is fairly vendor neutral, but
attendees should expect comments about Tenable products
including Nessus, and about leading vendors where relevant.

The webinar is free, but registration is required. During
registration, we are asking a short series of questions.
To register, please use one of the following URLs depending
on which webinar you wish to attend.

October 3, 11:00 EST
https://www.gotomeeting.com/register/759264977

October 10, 11:00 EST
https://www.gotomeeting.com/register/800578374

October 17, 11:00 EST
https://www.gotomeeting.com/register/981647110

We are planning many more types of webinars in the coming
months. These will be both technical and for business managers.
If you have ideas or requests for topics, please email them to
me.

Ron Gula, CTO
Tenable Network Security
http://www.tenablesecurity.com