List:       nessus
Subject:    Re: Nessus reports patches as missing
From:       "Gus Fritschie" <gfritschie () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-22 14:24:19

For example Add/Remove patches shows this patch installed on the
workstation:
Windowsxp-kb893066

Nessus reported this vulnerability:

Synopsis :

Arbitrary code can be executed on the remote host due to a flaw in the
TCP/IP stack.

Description :

The remote host runs a version of Windows which has a flaw in its TCP/IP
stack.

The flaw may allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code with SYSTEM
privileges on the remote host, or to perform a denial of service attack
against the remote host.

Proof of concept code is available to perform a Denial of Service against
a vulnerable system.

Solution :

Microsoft has released a set of patches for Windows 2000, XP and 2003 :

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-019.mspx

Risk factor :
High / CVSS Base Score : 9
(AV:R/AC:L/Au:NR/C:P/A:C/I:P/B:A)
CVE : CVE-2005-0048, CVE-2004-0790, CVE-2004-1060, CVE-2004-0230,
CVE-2005-0688
BID : 13124, 13116
Other references : IAVA:2005-B-0011, IAVA:2005-B-0012
Nessus ID : 18023

If our patching process is not working correctly I want to notify
operations, however, I want to be sure that this is not a false-positive.

Thanks!