List:       nessus
Subject:    Re: NASL Errors at Startup
From:       Renaud Deraison <deraison () nessus ! org>
Date:       2006-02-17 14:35:04

On Jan 19, 2006, at 10:42, Nardis, Frank wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just built Fedora Core4 and Nessus 3.0.1. Plugin registration/download
> seemed to work fine however when I start nessusd, I get screens of
> messages such as the ones shown below.  The nessus daemon does in fact
> start, however if I use NessusClient to perform a scan to an
> external IP
> - it completes in about 10 seconds with nothing in the report file.
> Formerly a 2.x user with Core2 which worked great.
[..]

>  /nessus/logs/nessusd.dump
> [Wed Jan 18 21:17:27 2006][5302] ndcgi.nasl depends on
> http_version.nasl
> which could not be found
> [Wed Jan 18 21:17:27 2006][5302] telnet.nasl depends on
> find_service.nes
> which could not be found

Your installation is not complete, or you have a corrupt nessusd.conf
which points to your Nessus 2 plugins directory.

Make sure your hard disk is not full (and therefore that all the
plugins could get installed properly -- under /opt/nessus). If you
moved around your old nessusd.conf, you also want to fix the paths
(or simply delete the config file and run /opt/nessus/sbin/nessus-
mkcert to re-generate it).

				-- Renaud