List:       nessus
Subject:    Re:  PREFERENCES_ERRORS
From:       Stuart Kendrick <skendric () fhcrc ! org>
Date:       2004-12-17 17:13:13

hi renaud,

would you have any pointers on how to verify whether or not nessusd
accepted everything in my PREFERENCES message?  i'm wanting to catch the
case where i send mistakes to nessusd ... typos, perhaps.

i figure i can put a sniffer on the wire and watch what nessusd does, when
i launch an attack ... correlate what i see with what i thought i asked
nessusd to do.  time-consuming, but doable.

is that the best way to go or can you think of an easier way?

--sk

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 04:57:44PM -0800, Stuart Kendrick wrote:

Hi,

> is PREFERENCES_ERRORS actually implemented yet?

No.

> i'm sending a nessus server a "CLIENT <|> PREFERENCES" message ...  with
> invalid preferences ... and a "SERVER <|> PREFERENCES_ERROR" message
comes
> back ... but it is empty.

Yes, it's expected. It's always empty.

				-- Renaud