List:       nessus
Subject:    Hydra results not present in report
From:       sgt_b <sgt_b () security-forums ! com>
Date:       2004-11-27 18:02:51

Was using the hydra.nes plugin for some testing. Just wanted to see how
it works and such. So I enabled that plugin and selected "enable
dependencies at runtime". I supplied username and password text files,
and selected to brute force telnet.
In the scan I have TCP ping enabled (which successfully detects the
host), and I'm portscanning ports 1-50 via nmap.nasl.

When the scan is finished, and the report is generated I don't see
anything relating to the brute force. Packet traces however show that
nessus is in fact brute forcing telnetd, and was successful.

Logfiles show that dependency plugins were started, and the hydra.nes
went as well.

So while the brute force was successful, no results were shown in the
report.

Any ideas?
I can supply log files if necessary.

Nessus 2.2.0